I had two bowls of spinach soup and a smoothie for lunch (no, no, I’m not dieting – there was nothing appetizing at the cafe today). So by the time it was almost 4 pm, I was really hungry! I knew I wanted to cook something tonight, but I had to wait because of 6 pm practice.
This is my 6 pm every Wednesday. We’re a fun group – not only we sing, but we laugh and joke a lot (we are starting to eat a lot together too…how can I not enjoy being with these people?!). Thanks to Daron for inviting me to join. Oh just for the record, this picture was not taken today.
About an hour and a half later, I was glad to be home. I really couldn’t wait to cook!
The previous night, I had potatoes with masala (Indian spice) sprinkles and my favorite veges, BELLPEPPERS.
Unfortunately, I was hungry after an hour or so later at night. Thank God I had bread or else, I’ll be forced to grunge on chocolates.
So judging from yesterday’s case, I wanted tonight’s dinner to be fulfilling. No gorging afterwards – just that one dish. I opened my fridge and went through my vegetables section – I saw long beans, carrots, broccoli and sweet corn. Wait, long beans. My first attempt to cook vegetables in my kitchen was long beans. And it was disastrous. Since then, I stayed away from long beans. So when I saw the beans in my vegetables compartment, I decided Heck, I’m going to attempt cooking this [long beans] again!
And lo and behold, here’s my dinner:
1. Cut two cloves of garlic into small pieces (doesn’t matter how you cut it).
2. Cut long beans (up to you on how many you want) and vegetarian BBQ meat into small bits.
3. Put oil in pan.
4. Put garlic into pan. Saute garlic.
5. Put in long beans.
6. Put in pieces of Knorr’s mushroom seasoning cube.
7. Fry for a while (long beans takes a little longer to be cooked), and then put in vegetarian BBQ meat.
8. Fry again.
9. Put in egg (that has been beaten) into the pan. Mixed with long beans and vege meat.
10. After 2 minutes, turn off the fire. Serve! 🙂
The result? I’m full and content. The only thing I consumed after dinner was water. 🙂
Add salt when boiling potatoes. It helps to make the potatoes boil faster and you achieve the soft yet firm texture. 😛